Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Why me?

When I first was told my diagnosis (a month ago tomorrow) I was feeling pretty sorry for myself. When I would see pregnant women or women with infants I would wonder why my perfect life was interrupted, why not someone else's? I don't have thoughts like that anymore but instead I notice small children in wheelchairs and think "why NOT me?" If these little kids can deal with an entire life in a wheelchair dealing with whatever side effects come along with the disease that put them in their chairs in the first place, then I'll deal too. And I'll rejoice that Grace is healthy while doing it.
A big thank you to Robyn, Reese, Carmen, Rosie and Harinder for all your help today.

2 comments:

  1. I listened to a podcast on the CBC program "White Coat Black Art" that talked about kids with terminal illnesses. Apparently they deal with hard diagnoses really differently than adults do and several of the people interviewed mentioned that they had never heard a kid ask "why me." I thought it was so fascinating and inspiring. Sharky's good friend is fighting cancer/ undergoing chemo right now and she is such a source of inspiration to me - as are you Daiva. I just think you are amazing! Thanks for being my source of positive energy for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Welcome Jessica!!! :-) Your my source of positive energy too.

    ReplyDelete