Friday, May 15, 2009

Chemo Day

So, the chemo is starting today. Grace and I had a nice relaxing morning breastfeeding and playing. It was tough knowing that we will never have our boobie time ever again and I am really going to miss it a lot...I know Grace will too. I think that being forced to stop breastfeeding is as tough emotionally on me as knowing that I have to have chemo. It's very sad and I am sobbing right now as I write this. Very Sad.
Yesterday was a busy day. I had to spend most of the day at the General Hospital getting my p.i.c.c. line inserted (way more of a big deal that I had thought), getting an x-ray, getting blood work, going to a chemo information session and getting even more blood work done. After that I came home and spent a few minutes with Grace before running off and trying on more wigs.
Click on the link to see what a p.i.c.c. line is and how it's inserted: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peripherally_inserted_central_catheter
Thanks to Bianca and my sister Dana for coming over and watching Grace while I was running around.

No comments:

Post a Comment