Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Good Choice

Today I heard the story of another woman in Ottawa who is breastfeeding and was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Her story is very similar to mine in that her surgeon was saying "chemo first" but her oncologist was recommending "surgery first". This woman asked for a 2nd opinion from a doctor located at Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto. This doctor specializes in breast cancer in lactating women and told her that the best thing to do would be to have the chemo first which,in the end, is what she decided to do. This makes me feel a lot more comfortable with my decision to start chemo this week.
Less than two days until my first treatment and I am surprisingly calm. I am so thankful for everyone's support and love. I am a very lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment