Thursday, June 4, 2009

Itchy Scalp

So my head is super itchy. My little one inch long hairs are falling out in little clumps and I have to wear a scarf on my head when I go to bed to try to avoid waking up with hair all over my pillow. My scalp hurts a little - it kind of feels like when you take your hair down after having it up in a pony tail all day but it doesn't go away - at least not until my hair has finished falling out.

I went to CHEO today for genetics testing. I had to get my blood drawn in the CHEO blood lab and it was so sad to see all the little kids coming out crying after their blood work. There were a few brave little guys that were very proud of themselves for not crying...very cute. There was also a little girl, almost two years old, that reminded me so much of Grace...and then I found out her name was Grace too. She cried when it was her turn. Poor thing.

This afternoon I had to go to the General Hospital to get more blood drawn. I will have to do this the day before every chemo treatment to make sure that my white blood cell count isn't too low. It was the first time I actually watched as my blood was taken because the nurse was able to draw it directly from my P.I.C.C. line (I don't usually watch because I don't like to see the needle in my arm).

Grace came with me to the General hospital and was blowing kisses to the nurses, volunteers and the other patients in the chemo ward waiting room. She learned to do this the other night and now can't get enough of it. It was a riot. Everyone was laughing which just encouraged her to keep going. She's the light of my life.

Tomorrow is chemo. I hope it goes as well as last time, if not better. My personal nurse says there is no reason to expect it to be any worse than last time for the next 3 sessions. I'm going to picture the chemo drugs shrinking and disolving my tumor until it is nothing.

LOVE! Daiva :)

No comments:

Post a Comment