Saturday, August 29, 2009

Taxotere 2

Sixth chemo treatment down and only 2 more to go. I got quite a few people contacting me very concerned after my last post and I'm sorry if I got people worked up. The Taxotere is definitely different from my earlier treatments with some positives (no nausea and my hair is already starting to sprout again) and some negatives (taste buds are messed up, my tongue feels like dry leather, sore bones, nails are sensitive, fatigue, eyebrows and lashes are falling out). But most of the negatives start about 4 days after my chemo treatment and last less then a week and then I am back to almost 100% again. So all is good.

I now only take the Percocet at night after Grace has gone to bed for only about 3 nights and then the bone pain is mild enough to take Tylenol instead. I love the Percocet because it feels like I've had a few glasses of wine and then I have a GREAT night's sleep. I could see how people can get addicted to it :)

Grace started walking in the last few weeks and she's been a HOOT! I love her so much and she knows how to keep me "over the moon happy". She rubs and kisses my peach fuzz head and when I wear my wig she says "hat". I've put my wig on her a couple of times and it's hilarious!!!!!!! I promise to post a picture of that soon.

Now I have some really bad news that has truly floored me. A very loved friend of mine has just been diagnosed with cancer. This is certainly not something that I wanted us to have in common. She is around my age and a wonderful woman. She has always been willing to help me out during my treatments and now I am so sorry that she is going to have to go through this too but I know that she will get through it with flying colours. I don't know why, but there are so many cases of young woman getting breast cancer lately. There's got to be something up with that. Girl, you know who you are, and I love you. My thoughts are with you and I hope I can be there for you as well as you have been there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment