Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Eight Chemo Treatments Behind Me

Now that the side effects are wearing off from my eighth chemotherapy treatment I feel like I can finally say that I'm done. It's hard to believe that my first treatment was May 15th and now I am finally through it.
Tomorrow I have an MRI and my surgery is scheduled for Friday, November 13th. My surgeon is encouraged with how my tumour seems to have responded to the chemotherapy. We will know for sure after the MRI but he thinks that I will not need a mastectomy. Yay!
I found out that I will be considered "cancer free" once I have my surgery. Another yay!
This is a picture of me getting my chemotherapy drugs. I have ice mitts on my feet and hands to keep my circulation slow so that the drugs don't go to my fingers and toes. If it had then I could have lost my nails.

This is a picture of me ringing the Victory Bell in the Chemo Ward at the General Hospital.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing chemo! Here's a picture of me ringing the same bell at the General. http://chris-theedgeoflight.blogspot.com/2009/01/goodbye-to-taxotere.html
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so happy ringing that bell.
    You and your mother amaze me at the way you've dealt with everything and still stayed so positive. I'm so happy for you!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete